Mission, Vision, and Values
The Hilltop Institute works to advance the health and wellbeing of people and communities through research and analysis.
The Hilltop Institute strives to be a pre-eminent resource for federal, state, and local policymakers, and to contribute to the broad understanding of how better to serve people and communities.
- Integrity, Impartiality, and Accuracy. We take pride in performing high-quality, unbiased, independent analyses to promote evidence-based decision making.
- Diversity. We value the diversity of the populations we serve—of our clients, sponsors, and partners, and of the backgrounds, talents, and expertise of our staff.
- Respect. We respect the populations we serve and the protected data we use for our analyses.
- Innovation. We value curiosity, new ideas, and creativity, and we remain open to the possibility that old challenges might best be addressed by new solutions.
- Excellent Client Service. We actively listen to our clients, treat them with courtesy and respect, pursue their goals with a sense of urgency, keep them informed, and strive to exceed their expectations.
- Collaboration and Teamwork. We believe that the highest quality work comes from cross-disciplinary, cross-unit, and cross-level teams, incorporating multiple perspectives, skills, and expertise.
- Interdependence. We are responsible for and to our colleagues, without regard to seniority, titles, roles, or credentials.
- Our Staff. We treat our staff as the valued resource they are, always cognizant of the necessity to balance work and life; we constantly search for ways to develop their knowledge, talents, and skills.